Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's what God wants!

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.”
-Douglas Adams

It's been awhile since I have written anything so I apologize. It's been crazy! I went on a young adult retreat a couple of weekends ago though and it was PHENOMENAL! It was pretty much exactly what I have needed for so long. The retreat was really short (from 6pm Saturday to 2pm Sunday I think), but it was filled with so much nourishment! I learned different ways to pray that I never experienced before, and prayed ways that I have before but it was completely different. The point of the retreat was to give us practical things to leave the retreat with that we can continue to use everyday on our own, not just in a retreat setting. My favorite thing that I learned was Lectio Divina. I have never experienced that the way that I did that weekend. The way it was explained was awesome and it made so much sense. I opened myself up to what God was trying to tell me through the readings and what came out of it was really great and God spoke to me and things have been falling into place now.

For those who don't know what Lectio Divina is, it is composed of 4 main parts and is a form of prayer. There is Lectio which is reading or listening to the reading, Meditatio, which is meditating on what you have read, Oratio, which is praying about it, and Contemplatio, which is contemplation which I see as just BEing.
Back to life..

Lectio Divina has really helped me open up to what God wants for me, so now I am on an adventure with figuring out what God wants me to do next summer. There are constant things coming up, which include being gone beginning of May to end of July, but I'm ready for it. 
The quote I chose for today's post really is so true in our lives. We don't always end up where we wanted to be, but God will always get us to where we were meant to be. In the last year I have really found that it's what God wants, not what I want, even if I say I want to do something, I have more than likely prayed about it and contemplated how God is working through me to serve him. 

This summer, I have an opportunity to do something amazing, and the upcoming year is the same way, but it's just what God wants to happen because if he wants it to work out, he will make it work.
This week: Be open to what God wants, not just what you want. Don't always go with the crowd with what they experience because there may be something amazing waiting for you somewhere else.

Peace and Love,
Erica Jean


"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." -Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment