Saturday, October 30, 2010

Knocking down walls to Open Doors

 

"If you surround your heart with walls, the Lord 

will send people to knock them down (Josh. 6:20, Heb. 11:30)."

<3 Mark Hart (the Bible Geek)

 

     Mark Hart is one of the greatest people I know of. Things he posts on twitter/Lifeteen/facebook are AMAZING! This quote at the top was posted on his facebook page awhile ago and I just love it. It is really true. Sometimes in life, we build those walls around us and our hearts in order to not let our emotions out or whatever else, but God always sends those people into your life to knock them down. I truly believe that it is through the love we receive, the walls are knocked down so we can live for Him. Mark Hart posted another quote last week that I could not stop thinking about.

"Love rarely comes in the form, the manner or the person we're expecting. (Lk 1:26, Mt 1:20, Lk 2:12)"

 I receive love in so many different ways each day and most of them are completely unexpected. I know I will be loved by certain people in my life, but then there are those surprises each day that remind me that God is looking at me and wants to make me more comfortable with living for Him and spreading His love to others.

The last few weeks have been really stressful for me and I was looking for a way to get away from school and just have time to pray and be quiet and just be with Him, and so many people gave me that opportunity because they love me. 

I got sent information about a young adult retreat happening this weekend by a couple of people and I stumbled upon it myself and I knew that this was what I needed. This is God sending some extra love my way and knocking down walls. I can't wait to just be present on a retreat instead of leading them, even though I love doing that, I need to be fed spiritually before I can minister to others.

I realize that this weekend is exciting because it is Halloween, but I just don't feel like I am missing that much because honestly, Halloween happens every weekend in college almost with different theme parties, while this amazingly decorated door to this retreat doesn't happen every weekend. 


Remember to take time for YOU and take time with GOD, because that relationship is the most important. <3


Peace and Love,


Erica Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment