Saturday, November 27, 2010

Way Beyond Myself!

"There’s so much more than meets the eye
Or what’s going on inside
I believe in something way beyond myself
Like the wind that moves the leaves
Lord, You bring me to my knees
I believe in something way beyond myself.."
<3 Newsboys

This year, I have really allowed myself to open my heart more to what God wants instead of what I want and just follow him wherever he takes me. Some people have a hard time trusting that whatever happens in my life is up to God..
I was driving in the car today to go get tea with a couple of friends and this song came on and it kept saying "I believe in something way beyond myself.." and that stuck in my head until I got to the tea lounge. God puts things in my life, opportunities, windows, doors, people that I may not see right away. As I continue to open myself up to what God wants, He shows me things more clearly, but it's all Him, never me. I love this song because it says the win that moves the leaves because something so simple that you may not think about even is God working in our lives.

"I’ve been thinking it’s about time
To win the war that fights against all the lies invading my mind
You have brought me to my senses
Even though You built this world to shake
You still love me in a personal way
So I think it’s time to leave my doubt behind.."

In my life lately, I have really had to trust God with what is happening because I have no idea what's going on with a lot of things right now, but I've learned that if I leave my doubt behind, He makes things happen if it's in His will for me.
Sometimes we can be too stubborn to go with what God wants and I know that I used to be like that, then I opened myself up and it was a whole new world of opportunity and it was full of God's love and caring hand. I had never experienced God like that before and now that I have there is no way I would want to go back.

Be open to what God wants for you because His plan is always better!

Side note that has nothing to do with this blog other than it happened while I was writing it:
I am in Panera and my feet were cold so I put my toes on the white box on my power cord that was really warm...Thanks God for that hot idea. 

Peace and Love,

Erica Jean Boehm

No comments:

Post a Comment