Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Meteor Shower

"I am not my own
For I have been made new
Please don't let me go
I desperately need you"
<3 Owl City -"Meteor Shower"
Let me tell you about how my adventure tonight started. I put on knee socks. Then I put on leggings. After that I put on a pair of fleece socks. Then I put on jeans and tucked my jeans into those socks and then put on another pair of fleece socks. On top of the jeans, I put on pajama pants. That is just the beginning. I already had two shirts on, so then I put on 3 sweatshirts, all with hoods, put the hoods on, and then proceeded to take my comforter and a fleece blanket outside to watch the meteor shower. I was still freezing, but that didn't matter.

I went outside on my lanai in my backyard tonight to watch the meteor shower. I have a fascination with watching the sky, hoping that I will see something more than just stars like I see any other night that I brave the weather and lay out there. Tonight, there are no words to describe what I saw. I realized I was crying while I was outside when I came inside and I felt the tears on my face that had ran down to my chin. I wasn't surprised though because
what I had seen was so beautiful that it was worth the tears of happiness. 

Watching the meteor shower, it reminds me of how my relationship with God is, or should be. I layed out in this cold to witness great things just as in my life, I experience these great things that God gives me and the Greatness of God makes the bad things that happen (like the cold I felt) seem like nothing. Even though I was cold, I didn't want to move. I wanted to stay there waiting to see what would happen next, what great thing God would put into my life next. Everyday, I have to push through rough things in order to see the beauty that God lays out in front of me. I have found lately though that just BEing in the presence of God and listening to what he has to say helps me through things and that is how I felt tonight. If I take the time to just BE in God's world, in the outside laying beneath the stars, he will show me his beautiful creations.

I hope that you got to witness the meteor shower tonight because it was worth the cold and out of all of the meteor showers I have watched, this one was one of the best. Remember to just BE with God sometimes. You don't always have to say something, just listen and BE.

If you have time to listen to the song Meteor Shower by Owl City, I would highly recommend it. The lyrics are so simple, yet so powerful. I know that I NEED God in order to live my life because without him, I am not whole. I am not me.

Have a good week.

Peace and Love,
Erica Jean

1 comment:

  1. "You don't always have to say something, just listen and BE."-Erica Jean Boehm Definitely hanging this quote up on my wall as soon as I get back to Leo♥

    ReplyDelete