Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's the little things in Life

"Take time in your day to be inspired by something small--the scent of a flower, a hug from a child, an 'I Love you' from your spouse....Then thank God for the little things in life."
-Whispers of Joy

I got a new book of daily encouragement quotes called "Whispers of Joy" for Valentine's Day from my grandma. I opened it up to day 43 which is today, well yesterday but I haven't slept yet, and that quote was on the page.
Today I had the opportunity to go to Busch Gardens for our leadership conference for school. We got to listen and participate in a leadership presentation from this awesome speaker. Even though most people, including myself didn't want to be there for numerous different reasons, I got a lot out of the speaker. He was very easy to relate to and pretty cool. He explained leadership in such a simple way and demonstrated it very well. After the speaker was done, we got lunch and then had the next 7ish hours to wander the park.
Wandering inside the park was a lot of fun even though I hadn't slept the night before really and I was sick, but I still really enjoyed it even though I probably looked like I was sleeping. Being able to interact and just watch people today that I knew was awesome. Watching a bunch of college guys on the bumper cars, looking at peoples' roller coaster pictures, looking at orangutans, running out of the snake area, and just learning about animals makes me so happy. The simple things are sometimes the best things. I didn't have to be at Busch Gardens to be having fun though...I could be in an almost empty room and have fun with people..I mean have you ever hear of toothless vegetable!
Stepping back and remembering the simple things is hard sometimes, but those are sometimes the things that mean the most.
Someone telling me they like my pearls or my shoes, or I look at peace or am calm or I have a good joke...it's stuff that I don't notice really..but it's awesome to hear. So thanks God for people such awesome people and experiences in my life..

Peace,
Erica Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment