Friday, February 18, 2011

Lord, I'm Overwhelmed...

"Lord I'm Overwhelmed...I often lose sight of You. Please rejuvenate my soul and help me look to You for strength and comfort when I need it most. Remind me that I can't control everything and that it's okay that I'm not perfect. Amen."
-Whispers of Joy, Day 47

I have been sick since last week Wednesday and I honestly don't think that I have gotten anything completely finished since then because I have been so worn out. I finally went to the doctor today though and got some antibiotics and other medicine to take and after a long night's sleep last night I already feel better.
The sickness has set me back a little bit though because I haven't been staying on top of a few things that I have been needing to stay on top of so it has just piled up, so I am overwhelmed.
I was sitting in Marmion-Snyder tonight with some sisters who were on RA duty tonight though and I was working on one of the projects that has been needing to get done when one of my fellow peer ministers came along and I was reminded that it's okay if things maybe don't get done as planned and that's when the Holy Spirit came along and worked wonders! It was amazing how things fell into place after that. I was so worried that I wasn't going to be able to focus on this retreat this weekend that I will be at because of everything I had going on, but now with that off my plate there's one less thing to worry about!
I sometimes get so caught up in life that I forget for a second that it's God's plan not mine. Even though I can be a perfectionist sometimes, I have to remember that what ever happens will be perfect in God's eyes and it will all work out according to His plan.

Pray for all of the retreatants, chaperones, youth ministers, and NET Team 2 that will be at Bethany Center this weekend. <3

God's will be done.

Peace and Love,

Erica Jean Boehm

No comments:

Post a Comment