Monday, October 18, 2010

Sisterhood

"And I'll, be, my brothers keeper
So the whole world will know
That we're not alone.."
<3 "Hold us Together" by Matt Maher
     The last two weeks have been CRAZY! My life has gone up and down numerous times, but that's okay. I have learned a lot and grown closer to people who are good in my life, and added new people to my life. If I have learned anything in the last two weeks though, it is the importance of sisterhood, and brotherhood in some cases. I am in a sorority, and a couple of my sisters and I are close and that is pretty much who I hang out with...all the time. I can go to them with any problems I have pretty much and they have my back. I added a little sister to my life this week (YAY!) and she is phenomenal. I couldn't ask for a better little sister to add to my family tree. She blows my mind pretty much every time I talk to her even if she doesn't know it. I have relearned from these few people how important being a sister is. I try my best to be here for them whenever they are hurting or laughing, or just don't want to be alone.
      In Matt Maher's song, "Hold Us Together", it says "I'll be my brothers keeper so the whole world will know that we're not alone." I LOVE this and I never realized how true it was. We need to look out for others..we really do. 
      I also have seen this last week with my own brother. He helped me though. :) I was having a rough night and I decided to call my brother since it was late and maybe he would understand what I was going through and he was AMAZING! I have a really awesome family, my actual one, and my sorority..then there's my church family and SLPM family and my whole CATHOLIC family. Everyone is just so awesome and I don't know what I would do without some of them!

Goals for the week: 1. Spread love and be there for people when they need me while still keeping myself nourished and going.
2. Spend time in the chapel Listening to God.

Peace and Love,
Erica Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment