Sunday, January 30, 2011

Too much Fog....

I just went to USCCB to read the Mass readings for today and they are really awesome... READ THEM HERE! The second reading is what I focused in on though. All I can think about is "God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called."
I went to Tampa last night to hang out with some friends and ended up about 45 minutes away from Leo and didn't leave there until close to 3am, which isn't that bad except there was so much fog and it was so thick that I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me the whole way home even with my brights on. As I was driving I decided that I wasn't going to be able to drive on the highway any longer and thought it would be better if there were street lights so I decided to go home instead of back to Leo which would take about 10 minutes off my drive too.
Next thing from last night:
Last night I learned some things that really got me thinking...I learned that my life could have been completely different if I would have not done something that I am a part of now and waited for another opportunity that was coming, and that opportunity is exactly where I wanted to be. It got me a little bummed because I thought I settled for something less, but in actuality, what I am a part of now is exactly where I am supposed to be.

I was thinking about everything from last night and I realized that this is like our faith journey sometimes..Our path gets fogged up by what could have been or should have been or what WE want, so God throws something in front of us so we have to go home to Him to find out what is real and where HE wants us.
I love where I am now and I wouldn't be the person I am without everything that has happened in the last year especially. It's so great to see where God wants me to be and go down that path even though it is easier to go down our own paths sometimes. He doesn't call you for what you are qualified for, he qualifies you for what He wants you to do. A year away from home...I know He will give me what I need to get through the year away :)

Challenge: Bring God into all of your decisions and see what He wants you to do.

Love,
Erica Jean

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much girl! I really couldn't agree with you more. This is so awesome to read after knowing the behind the scenes part of it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! Erica, you are so right, I thought about that too with that reading! Hope you are well, I wish I could see you sooner! You are in my prayers sister!

    ReplyDelete