Sunday, December 12, 2010

"In Christ Alone"

"In Christ alone, my hope is found

He is my light, my strength, my song

This cornerstone, this solid ground

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace

When fears are stilled, when strivings cease

My comforter, my all-in-all

Here in the love of Christ I stand"

<3 "In Christ Alone" sung by Owl City
 
     First off, I would like to apologize for taking so long to write a new blog. My Fall 2010 semester is over now though! Praise God! It's been a long one, but at the same time it went by really quickly. Now to my blog....

     When I hear a song that I like, I generally listen to it about 50 times a day...the repeat button is my favorite at times like this. This last week of school, one of the girls in my hallway was awesome and made me a mix CD of praise and worship music and slid it under my door. I got to this one track and it sounded really beautiful and catchy. It sounded kind of like Owl City, actually it sounded exactly like Owl City, but sometimes I go crazy and hear things that aren't there maybe so I brushed it off. I later looked it up and it was by Owl City! How great! I love Owl City, so it made me love the song even more. Anyway, this song when I heard it caught my attention in a way that not many songs do. When I listened it was like I was personally being spoken, well sung, to and it made me fall in love kind of. (Work with me here...)
     The lyrics to this song were just great and it felt real, like the person singing these words really meant it and wanted me to feel the same way and after I listened to it over and over in the car and got all the lyrics, I understood and it made me fall deeper in love with God. The first verse of the song (written at the beginning of my post) pretty much explains how I feel about my relationship with God. I love my relationship that I have with God and because I have this I have a light to guide me, I have strength for the journey, I have a song to keep me going (I like music when I work), and he has an embrace to comfort me when I need it. He is everything to me.
    It's really great to know that I have this solid relationship with someone because even when friendships and family issues arise, I have Him here backing me and keeping me strong when things get rough. A lot of people lately have been coming to me with issues with their family and as I started picking out little problems at home, I realized that I have great things at home and a family that loves me so I have no reason to complain. I have come to realize that I don't need anything this Christmas either because I have everything I need pretty much. I have a family who loves me, a house to go to, and amazing friends. 
     Give rather than receive. Give as much as you can, and then GIVE MORE. God will give you all that you need if he calls you to do something.

While you are on break at home, BE home. Not saying you have to be there 24/7 because I know I won't, Ill be out and about in New Tampa, but even there, BE there. Be present to your family and your friends. You never know when they could be gone.

Peace and Love

Erica Jean

Link for the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWw24s5gG8

No comments:

Post a Comment