Saturday, December 18, 2010

He is ready and waiting for YOU

 When you look at the crucifix, you understand how much Jesus loved you then. When you look at the Sacred Host, you understand how much Jesus loves you now.
-Mother Teresa
Have you ever had one of those times where you've read a Bible story and thought you understood it completely, but then when you read it again this time, it really clicked? Ok, maybe not, but I really believe that God will show me what I need when I need it, so this is one of those times where I thought I understood the full meaning of a story but when I read it tonight, I really let it sink in. I read the story of the prodigal son tonight where the son comes home and the father welcomes him home with dancing and a feast after doing wrong. I really understood it. That story is so present in my life in my family, but I guess I never realized that it is just like my relationship with God. God will and does love you no matter what you've done. He will hold you and welcome you home no matter what, you just have to be willing to take that step and go in that direction.

I went to adoration at about 2am this morning at a church about 45 minutes away because I knew that had adoration overnight on Friday nights. This wasn't the first time I have gone there, and thinking about the Prodigal son story brings me back to one of the first times I went there for Adoration late at night. I got this quote by Mother Teresa about Jesus' love for us (the one at the beginning of the post). His love is NEVER ENDING. How AMAZING?!

What originally brought me to Adoration was not this though, but as we know, God's plan is always better than our own.

I was at home tonight and couldn't sleep really and knew that I wouldn't be going to sleep anytime soon, so Adoration sounded perfect...better than facebook or random youtube or stumbleupon findings for a few more hours! I have had a lot of my heart and my mind the last couple of days and when I didn't make it to Adoration last night, I was really excited to go to night. The song "Restless" by Audrey Assad applies in more way than one in my life, but tonight it went in this direction... The lyrics, "I am restless til I rest in you...you are the keeper of my heart.." In this moment tonight with what was on my heart was making me restless, and I knew that if I just gave it to the Lord he would calm me, God was just waiting for me to give it to him. Once I put my trust in Him that he would make things work out according to His plan, I wouldn't have to worry. It's out of my hands! God holds me in the palm of His hand.

Remember: God won't give you more than you can handle. Trust Him.

Philippians 4:13...my favorite Bible Verse: I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me Strength.

Take that step towards Him. He is WAITING for you.
It's Advent also, so prepare your heart, don't wait any longer.

Peace and A LOT of Love,
Erica Jean

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a beautiful thing to always remember and to never forget that the Lord is always with you. <3

    ReplyDelete